You cannot avoid lurkers in the world of kink. Hell, more than half of us are lurking while the other half are getting off on being watched, but there are a few basic rules of civility. These standards can be followed with relative ease and will make the whole perverted affair enjoyable for all.
- Don’t try to find out my name. If I want to tell you my name, I will. Names are a sign of friendship, and while many a lurking ends in very happy friendships, they are not mutually inclusive. If I don’t know you, I don’t want you trying to figure out who I am.
- Don’t breathe down my neck. If you haven’t noticed there are a lot of twisted fucks on the Internet, and if you close in on one person, you have a tendency to make them feel that you are standing naked in the room (and not in the good way). This is also for your own good too. If you spend too much time perving on a single person you A) are missing out on other twisted people, and B) can end up scaring the person to the point of blocking you, leaving you with your dick in your hand and unfinished business.
- Talking is not always necessary. We all know that you are out there on your girlfriend’s laptop while she is sleeping with a sock on your cock, but you don’t need to make yourself known to everybody. I am not saying that everyone should be silent, but you don’t have to comment on every picture. Some things just don’t need to be commented on.
- Do not waste the first comment with “First!” I know this is a personal pet peeve of mine, but dear god people it is not 1998!
- The Internet is the Internet. Do not stalk people into the real world! Seriously? Do I have to actually say that? I have become friends with many people from online chatting and play, but every time it was a give and take online first. Just because you know someone’s name does not mean that you have the right to turn into a “Creepy Steve” and follow them into the real world. That is where the cops get involved and weird court orders are written up.
If you can follow these few simple rules, I think that we will all enjoy the perverted world just a little more.